Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 356 - Love Takes Time


I'm not sure why, but when I heard this song yesterday on Pandora, it tugged on my heart.  Even now, as I listen to it again to prepare to blog about it, there is something deeply moving... Also, I don't typically write about sad love songs, but what can I say?  There are lots of aspects of love and its accompaniment, so here we go.
"I had it all, but I let it slip away. Couldn't see I treated you wrong - now I wander around feeling down and cold, trying to believe that you're gone."  It seems the singer had a wonderful relationship that she somehow took for granted, and now she is trying to wrap her mind around the fact that the one she loved (but didn't show love)  has now left her.  It's a hurtful thing for her to feel, especially since she seems to be at fault for her loss.
"Love takes time to heal when you're hurting so much. Couldn't see that I was blind to let you go. I can't escape the pain inside, cuz love takes time. I don't wanna be here. I don't wanna be here alone."  While love has great healing potential, pain is a formidable opponent.  Therefore, even when there is an abundance of love present, the ache of pain in a heart (no matter who caused it) can make it difficult for the love to penetrate and begin having its positive effect.  The singer recognizes the pain that she has caused, and now she feels like she is in love/relationship by herself, because her actions (and the resulting pain) have pushed the other person so far away. 
"Losing my mind from this hollow in my heart. Suddenly I'm so incomplete. Lord, I'm needing you now - tell me how to stop the rain, tears are falling down endlessly."  Now that the other person is gone, she realizes the place they held and the value that should have been given to the person and the relationship.  She feels a void in her heart now.
"You might say that it's over, you might say that you don't care, you might say you don't miss me, you don't need me. But I know that you do and I feel that you do inside."  In this last verse, there seems to be some determined hope.  She feels that, even though the person is gone, there is a possibility for reconciliation.  She knows that, despite the pain she has caused, there is still love in the other person's heart for her.  Because of that, even though it will take time for healing to happen and for love to win again, becoming the prevailing theme in their relationship, she wants to try.  She has realized how it is to be without, and she doesn't like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment